Saturday, May 3, 2014

Apace


So, I'm continuing my reviews a bit faster than my sporadic posting of them, which I suppose is a good thing. I'm up to Episode 18, Home Soil, which is a locked room murder mystery.  

Why mention it? 

Why do anything? 

Well, among other things I can see that in this case it almost demands a line-by-line parsing of the dialog, at least in most cases I've observed in the first ten minutes.  The prior two episodes I managed to do a bit more glibly than before, without pre-watching them... not that my reviews were shorter on account of the various mini-rants that pepper my posts. 

Home Soil? Well... I can tell the first ten minutes, at least, will be a doozy.  The topic of planetary terraforming is a fascinating one, and there are some interesting and detailed, comments within the episode... both good and bad. 

So, since I'm too tired to take the episode on directly, I will instead chill by brain for now and hit it later in depth. I've got 47 Ronin to watch and studying to do... and a list of projects as long as my arm.

Frankly, I look forward to ending Season 1, the sheer absurdity of the writing demands these longer reviews, and I suspect things will progress much faster in later seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment